Date Posted: December 12, 2014
CITY OF EAST PROVIDENCE
DOCKET OF REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
December 16, 2014
Council Chambers, City Hall, 145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914
7:00 P.M. Executive Session, Room 101
7:30 P.M. Open Session
The City Council of the City of East Providence will meet in Executive Session pursuant to RI General Laws § 42-46-5 (a) (2).
A. New Claims
1. Mario J. Costa
2. Fernando Dorego
3. John Healey
B. Sewer Charge Abatements
1. Margo Albanese
2. Deborah Cole
3. Didia Correia
4. Andrew Decastro
5. Lindsay Ferris
6. Natalie M. Hayward
7. Leonard Iannacone
8. Barbara Marot
9. Scott O’Neill
10. Nicole Turner
C. Department Heads – Contract
All items under “CONSENT CALENDAR” are considered to be of a routine and noncontroversial nature by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the “CONSENT CALENDAR” and will be considered in its normal sequence on the docket.
1. Resolution from Hopkinton Town Council in opposition to RhodeMapRI.
2. Letter of opposition from Town of East Greenwich in opposition to RhodeMapRI.
B. Council Journals
1. Special Council Meeting November 25, 2014
2. Council Meeting – Inauguration December 1, 2014
All persons wishing to make public comment shall sign a public comment sheet stating their name, address, and the subject of their comments. Said comments should pertain to topics listed on the public Council docket. Said public comment sheet shall be available on a desk at the entrance of the City Hall Chambers no later than forty-five (45) minutes before the call to order of any regularly scheduled council meeting and shall be delivered to the presiding officer no earlier than five (5) minutes before the call to order of the meeting.
A. City Managers Report (by Acting City Manager, Paul Lemont)
1. Request for Qualifications for Water Distribution System Improvements
2. Request for Qualifications for Water Main Cleaning and Lining Contractors
3. Request for Qualifications for Water Storage Tank Construction
B. Reports of Other City Officials
1. Claims Committee Report (by City Solicitor Timothy Chapman)
C. Council Members
1. Merry Christmas (by Mayor Rose)
2. RhodeMapRI (by Mayor Rose)
3. Update on Sewer Rates (by Assistant Mayor Cunha)
4. Questions regarding doing our own paving of roads (by Assistant Mayor Cunha)
5. Business Holiday Display Awards (by Councilwoman Capobianco)
6. East Providence Relay for Life 2015 (by Councilwoman Capobianco)
D. Report of School Committee Liaison
*If communications assistance is needed or any other accommodations to ensure equal participation please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 435-7590.