AMENDED – April 26, 2018
AMENDED – April 25, 2018
AMENDED – April 24, 2018
POSTED AND AMENDED – April 23, 2018
Wendy J.W. Marshall, Town Clerk
Town of Middletown
Town Hall – 350 East Main Road
Middletown, Rhode Island 02842
Dear Ms. Marshall:
Pursuant to the provisions of Article II, Section 203 of the Town Charter and in accordance with Sections 42-46-2., 42-46-4., 42-46-5., and 42-46-6., RIGL, I hereby call a Special Meeting of the Town Council to formally consider, discuss and act upon the following items of business. All items on this agenda, may be considered, discussed and voted upon.
1. Application for Special Event Permit from St. George’s School for Reunion Weekend to be held on Saturday, May 5, 2018, Luncheon from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm and Dinner from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm. (Event to be held on St. George’s School Property)
2. Appointment of two (2) members to the 275th Anniversary Committee.
3. Communication of the Antone Viveiros, Chairman, Dennis Turano, Vice Chairman, Thomas Heaney, Member and Larry Connell, Member of the Tax Exploratory Subcommittee, re: Tax Exploration Subcommittee Final Proposal.
4. At the request of Councillor Viveiros, Resolution of the Council, re: Requesting Legislators to engage legislative counsel to draft the required bills to amend the existing legislation regarding Middletown tax assessment methodology as desired by the Town.
5. At the request of Councillor Viveiros, Resolution of the Council, re: Requesting Legislators to engage legislative counsel to draft the required bills to amend the existing legislation regarding Middletown tax levy to be capped at 2%.
6. Review of Town of Middletown Proposed Budgets and Capital Improvement Plan - General Fund, Parks & Recreation Fund, Sewer Fund and Refuse & Recycling Fund for Fiscal Year 2018–2019 and matters related thereto.
Said meeting will be held at the Middletown Town Hall, 350 East Main Road, Middletown, Rhode Island 02842 on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 10:00 A.M.
Robert J. Sylvia, President
Middletown Town Council
| || |
This meeting location is accessible to the handicapped. Individuals requiring interpreter services for the hearing-impaired should notify the Town Clerk’s Office at 847-0009 not less than 48 hours before this meeting.