City of Port Lavaca
Download Entire Candidate Packet. Each section is broken down below.
1. City of Port Lavaca District Map
2. Home Rule Charter of the City of Port Lavaca (Article 4, Sections 4.01-4.09).
3. Important Dates for Candidates
4. City of Port Lavaca Signs Ordinance (see Section 36-7 (c) 1-5 for temporary political signs).
5. Application to Place Name on Ballot (with instructions) Application for a place on the City of Port Lavaca General Officers Election Ballot (bilingual). The loyalty oath is included on this application and must be signed before any Notary. There is no filing fee. Please note that each application must be carefully reviewed, to determine whether it complies with the Election Code requirements, as to content. Please file your application as soon as practicable to allow sufficient time for this review. The Office of the City Secretary must complete review of the application not later than the fifth day after the application is received.
6. Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer By a Candidate (Form CTA), together with Form CTA – Instruction Guide. The Form CTA should be filed in the Office of the City Secretary at the same time as the application for a place on the ballot. Please note the statement that must be signed regarding the nepotism law. A summary of the nepotism law is in the CTA Instruction Guide.
For CTA-Instruction Guide -
7. Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report (Form C/OH), together with Form C/OH – Instruction Guide. The Form C/OH is to be completed by the candidate or the candidate’s campaign treasurer (but signed only by the candidate). This is to be filed in my office on the dates specified on the form and on the election calendar. Form C/OH-FR, Campaign/Officeholder Report: Designation of Final Report is the last page attached to Form C/OH. This form is to be filed when you are no longer receiving or spending political contributions. A completed Form CO/H (Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report) must be filed when you file the Designation of Final Report. The instructions on how to file the Final Report are in the Instruction Guide for Form C/OH.
Instruction Guide -
8. Texas Ethics Commission: Filing Schedule
In this schedule you will find information regarding the election. Any questions on reporting procedures, contributions, or expenditures should be addressed to the Commission at (512) 463-5800.
9. Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders Who File with Local Filing Authorities.
10. Texas Ethics Commission’s Political Advertising, What You need to Know.
11. Texas Ethics Commission Code of Fair Campaign Practices Form CFCP. This form may be signed voluntarily; it is not mandatory.
Most of the candidate's forms will be from the Texas Ethics Commission:
Another source is the Texas Secretary of State: