Town of Westerly
PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 – 6:00 P.M.
Westerly Town Hall | Town Council Chambers
45 Broad Street, Westerly, RI 02891
Please be advised this meeting will be held in-person.
Written public comment can be submitted prior to the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If technical difficulties occur during the event, please contact Mike Harris, IT Director, at 1-401-348-2575.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing-impaired must call (401) 348-2505
in advance of the meeting date.
ROLL CALL AND ATTENDANCE
Chairman: Justin Hopkins, Vice Chairman: Richard W. Constantine, Secretary: Andrew Delisio
Members: Tabitha Harkin, James Hall IV, Matthew O’Neil, David A. Giorno; Alternate: Karen Lentz Madison; Town Staff: Administrative Officer/Town Planner Nancy Letendre, Minute Taker Stephanie LaSota;
Assistant Solicitor for Planning & Zoning: Scott D. Levesque, Esq. of Kelly Souza Parmenter, PC
2. September 19, 2023
Review, discussion, and possible action and/or continuation to a future meeting by the Planning Board on request for a combined Master and Preliminary Plan review for a Comprehensive Permit to convert a single-family and commercial unit to a 3-unit residential development with one of the units (25%) deed restricted to low-and-moderate income individuals.
Review, discussion, and possible action and/or continuation to a future meeting by the Planning Board on the Development Plan Review for proposed replacement of a deck access door and windows at 113 Bay Street in the Shore Commercial-Watch Hill (SC-WH) Zoning District.
Review, discussion, and possible action and/or continuation to a future meeting by the Planning Board on a combined Master & Preliminary Plan review of a Comprehensive Permit for multi-family development of 54 apartments with 25% (14 units) at 80% AMI.
Review, discussion, and possible action by the Planning Board on endorsing projects for inclusion in the 2023 RIDEM Green Space Grant Program application.
1. Development Project Status Report (updated 10/10/2023)
Introduction to the CIP process and review and discussion by the Planning Board on next steps
3. Administrative Actions
· 2023-ADM-09 (0 Post Road) |Lots 96-14 & & 96-7
ASSISTANT SOLICITOR FOR PLANNING AND ZONING’S REPORT
1. November 7, 2023 Special Meeting at 5:00pm
· CIP Presentation by Town Manage & Finance Director
· Discuss Meeting Calendar for 2024
· Review of Section 260-50 Zoning Ordinance Amendments and Recommendation to Town Council
2. November 14, 2023 Regular Meeting at 6:00pm
· Continuation of Trendsetter Multi-family Comprehensive Permit
· Approve meeting calendar for 2024.
3. December 5, 2023 Special Meeting at 6:00pm
· CIP discussion and recommendation to the Town Manager
· Review of Subdivision Regulation Amendments and schedule public hearing
· Continued discussion of Route One Corridor Comprehensive Plan Amendments and direction to staff.
4. December 19, 2023 Regular Meeting at 6:00pm