TOWN OF BARRINGTON
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 29, 2019 AT 7:00 P.M.
BARRINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY SALEM AUDITORIUM
o August 4th: 6:00pm – 7:30pm Pat McGee Ban with Ruby & Patrick McAloon at Latham Park
o August 11th: 6:00pm – 7:30pm Triad at Barrington Beach
o August 18th: 6:00pm – 7:30pm Roger Ceresi’s Allstarz at Barrington Beach
• Monday, August 12, 2019 - Victory Day: Town Hall, Barrington Pubic Library and DPW closed
• Monday, September 2, 2019 - Labor Day: Town Hall, Barrington Pubic Library and DPW closed
• Monday, August 26, 2019 – BMS Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 9:00am
• Friday, September 6, 2019 – Dedication Ceremony of Coach Murgo Lane
• Monday, September 9, 2019 – Town Council Meeting to be held at the Library - Salem Auditorium
• Saturday, September 21, 2019 – 12-5 Fiddle ‘N Folk Fest Haines Park (near Cove Haven Marina)
All items with an asterisk (*) are routine by the Town Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a council member or citizen so request, and the request is for good cause in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and will be considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
• Cemetery Commission: Timothy McMahon
• Planning Board: Jon Sawyer
• Planning Board:
o Jared Wallace to be appointed as a full member, to fill an unexpired term, with a term date of May 31, 2020. (Moving from 1st alternate to full member.)
on June 3, 2019 (6:30 pm /7:00 pm) and to accept the sealed Executive Session minutes of May 6, 2019.
Barrington Adult Youth Team Coordinator, Business and Finance Director, Director of Planning, Building and Resiliency, Fire Chief, Library Director, Police Chief/Animal Control Official, Public Works Director, Recreation and Senior Services Director, Tax Assessor, and Town Clerk
• East Bay Chamber of Commerce: Rt 114 Silver Creek Bridge Replacement Project, Bristol, RI
• Town of Burillville: Thank you for supporting against siting the Invenergy Power Plant
• Robert P. Coyne: Notice of Action
• Robert and Anna Barako: Short-term Rentals
• Senior Services Advisory Board: Renovations to the Peck Adult Enrichment Center
• An application for a 2019 Victualling – BYOB to Kunniga Rittipa, The Boss Thai Restaurant/Rittipa Corporation, 1 Waseca Avenue, Barrington, RI 02806; Owner: Piyapong Rittipa, 12 County Road Barrington, RI 02806
• (Public Hearing continued from June 3, 2019):
Barrington Comprehensive Community Plan Amendments (Planning Board Chair Larry Trim)
• Board of Assessment Review: (1 vacancy: 1st Alternate)
v Motion to Appoint
• Housing Board of Trustees: (5 vacancies: 2 full members and 1st ,2nd and 3rd Alternate)
v Interview: Roni Phipps (unable to attend)
v Motion to Appoint
• Planning Board: (2 vacancies: 1st and 2nd Alternate)
v Motion to Appoint
• Resilience and Energy Committee: (2 vacancies: 1 full member and 1st Alternate)
v Motion to Appoint
To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please approach the microphone in front of the Council and state your name and address for the record.
Adding a Member of the Planning Board
• Bay Team:
• Award the bid for a Regional Prevention Assistant for administrative support to the East Bay Regional Coalition to Serenity Shield. Contract services will be in the amount of $20,732.
• Award the bid for a SOR Subgrant Coordinator to Laura Cooke to manage the opioid overdose solution community grants as part of the 2-year State Opioid Response grant for the East Bay Regional Coalition. Contract services will be in the amount of $20,630.
• Award the bid for a PFS and SOR Municipal Coordinator at the municipal level to Barbara Palumbo for contracted services in the amount of $12,715.
• Town Planner:
• Award bid for Police Cove Park Dock Engineering and Construction Services to GZA, Providence, RI in the amount of $29,000 to include an additional 10 percent contingency.
• Award bid for the purchase of one (1) 2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility SUV Police vehicle to TASCA Automotive Group, Hartford CT in the amount of $33,071.60. (The purchase will come out of the Auto Replacement Account CR.2.5000.1000)
• Award bid for the purchase of one (1) 2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility SUV Police vehicle to TASCA Automotive Group, Hartford CT in the amount of $32,994.80. (The purchase will come out of the Auto Replacement Account CR.2.5000.1000)
• CONTINUATION: (September 9, 2019)
v 2019-17 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 185 Zoning (Establish Agriculture-Rural Zoning)
v 2019-18 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 185 Zoning §185-49 Written requirements
v 2019-19 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 134 Park and Recreation Article VIII Barrington Beach
v 2019-20 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 161 Solid Waste Article IV Polystyrene Food Service and Packing Materials
v 2019-21 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 144 Public Lands, Use of (Town Hall Hours)
v 2019-22 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 124 Licenses and Permits Article VII Mobile Food Establishments
to be held at the Barrington Public Library Auditorium
• 42-46-5 (a) (2) Collective Bargaining: Police Local 351 Memorandum of Agreements
• 42-46-5 (a) (2) Litigation: Tax Assessment Appeals; Opioid Litigation and Potential Litigation
• Discuss Executive Session minutes from June 3, 2019 for placement on the Town Council agenda for September 9, 2019
The Town of Barrington will provide accommodations needed to ensure equal participation in all meetings. Please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting so arrangements can be made to provide such assistance. A request for accommodations can be made in writing to 283 County Road or by calling 401-247-1900, Ext. 301. Hearing impaired callers can dial 711 “Relay” for additional assistance. The Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library and Barrington Public Safety Building are accessible to the disabled.
Posted on July 25, 2019 at Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library, Barrington Web Site and Secretary of State Web Site.