A MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL
OF THE TOWN OF BARRINGTON, RI
SITTING IN ITS CAPACITY AS TRUSTEES OF THE
AMEY TUCKER SPENCER FUND
FOLLOWED IMMEDIATELY BY THE
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
6:30 pm Monday, January 10, 2022
Council Chamber at Barrington Town Hall
283 County Road
EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK
This meeting will not be available on Zoom
Agenda and attachments: https://clerkshq.com/barrington-ri
1. Call to Order.
2. Discuss and Act on Minutes from October 4, 2021
3. Discuss and Act on Amending Budget for FY2022
4. Discuss and Act on Requests for Spencer Trust Funds for FY2022
(Meeting starts immediately after Spencer Trust meeting)
“Aquene (Peace) We recognize the unique and enduring relationship that exists between Indigenous Peoples and their traditional territories. We acknowledge that we are in the ancestral homeland of the Pokanoket Trike within the original territory of the Pokanoket Nation. We commit to ongoing efforts to recognize, honor, reconcile and partner with the Pokanoket people whose ancestral lands and water we benefit from today. Aquene (Peace)”
· Honoring David A. Monti with the Department of Public Works for 40 years.
· 25 Watson Avenue Ad Hoc Meeting: Wednesday, January 19 and Monday, January 31, 2022
· Tree Planting & Removal:
§ December 1, 2020 – November 30, 2021 – 80 trees removed/110 trees planted
All items with an asterisk (*) are routine by the Town Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a council member or citizen so request, and the request is for good cause in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and will be considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
· Economic Development Commission: Michael Brito effective immediately.
· Housing Board of Trustees: to reappoint Shayla Simmons for a term to expire January 31, 2025.
Business and Finance Director, Fire Chief, Human Resources, Library Director, Police Chief/Animal Control Official, Public Works Director, Planner/Building and Resiliency, Recreation and Senior Services Director, Tax Assessor and Town Clerk
by up to four (4) members, to include up to three (3) neighborhood representatives and one (1) Barrington Land Conservation Trust Representative
· Board of Library Trustees: (1 vacancy: 1 full member with a term to expire December 31, 2024)
· Resilience and Energy Committee: (2 vacancies: 1 full member with an expiration date of November 30, 2024, and 1st alternate with a term expiration date of November 30, 2023)
To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please state your name and residency for the record.
near Wood’s Pond (south of Town Hall Drive and County Road intersection) (J. Brier)
· INTRODUCTION: (none)
· PUBLIC HEARING:
v 2022-1 Renewal of Declaration of Emergency
· Good Energy Jamie Rhodes– Electrical Aggregation: Terms of the Agreement(s)
· Sr. Services Advisory Board – Mission Statement
The Town of Barrington will provide accommodations needed to ensure equal participation in all meetings. Please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting so arrangements can be made to provide such assistance. A request for accommodations can be made in writing to 283 County Road or by calling 401-247-1900, Ext. 301. Hearing impaired callers can dial 711 “Relay” for additional assistance. The Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library and Barrington Public Safety Building are accessible to the disabled. Posted on January 6, 2022 at Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library, Barrington Web Site and Secretary of State Web Site.