TOWN OF BARRINGTON, RI
7:00 pm Monday, June 6, 2022
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
BARRINGTON MIDDLE SCHOOL
261 MIDDLE HIGHWAY
PRESENTATION ROOM 1402
Agenda and attachments:
846 2570 7399
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099
One Tap Mobile:
US: +13017158592,,84625707399# or +13126266799,,84625707399#
TOWN COUNCIL AGENDA
“Aquene (Peace) We recognize the unique and enduring relationship that exists between Indigenous Peoples and their traditional territories. We acknowledge that we are in the ancestral homeland of the Pokanoket Tribe within the original territory of the Pokanoket Nation. We commit to ongoing efforts to recognize, honor, reconcile and partner with the Pokanoket people whose ancestral lands and water we benefit from today. Aquene (Peace)”
· Benjamin Chelo 100 years young
· Barrington Farmers Market: Second Thursday Evenings 4:00-7:00pm St. John’s Church
· Barrington Arts Festival: Sunday, June 12 10:00am – 4:00pm Children’s Activities, Food Trucks, Music.
· Summer Camps: Monday, June 27 Openings still available in Tennis Camp and Theatre Camp.
· Barrington Street Fair: Sunday, July 17, 2022 3:00-6:00pm Wood Avenue
· Boards and Commission Openings:
· Economic Development Commission: 1 vacancy: 1 full member
· Planning Board: 1 vacancy: 2nd alternate
· Resilience and Energy Committee: 1 vacancy: 1st alternate
· Tree Planting & Removal:
· May 1, 2021 – April 30, 2022– 77 trees removed/ 79 trees planted
All items with an asterisk (*) are routine by the Town Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a council member or citizen so request, and the request is for good cause in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and will be considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
Business and Finance Director, Fire Chief, Human Resources, Library Director, Police Chief/Animal Control Official, Public Works Director, Planner/Building and Resiliency, Recreation and Senior Services Director, Tax Assessor and Town Clerk
· BAY Team Monthly Report
· BCWA Monthly Reports
· School Shootings: R. Swarts
· Haines Park: S. Clemens
To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please state your name and residency for the record.
Authorizing the Town Manager to Execute an Electricity Supply Agreement to Provide Electricity Supply for Barrington’s Community Aggregation Program
· Library: In support of Legislation Restoring Funding for the State Aid to Libraries to the Full 25 Percent. (K. Chin)
· Pride: Celebrating the Month of June as Barrington Pride Month (J. Brier)
· Fire Department: (G. Bessette)
· Uniform Trousers: Award bid to Mike and Wayne’s Inc., 163 Huttleston Avenue, Fairhaven, MA 02719 for a total purchase including delivery of $13,770.00.
· Training Aids: Award bid to Laerdal Medical Equipment Corporation, 167 Myers Corners Road, Wappingers Fall, NY 12590 for a total purchase price including delivery of $19,013.49.00. Funding from MED Expense Account and Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium.
· Planning Department: (T. Crean)
· Electric Vehicle Charging Station proposal for Public Safety Complex
· INTRODUCTION: (none)
· PUBLIC HEARING:
· 2022-5 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 134 Parks and Recreation, §134-3 Rubbish to include a fine for littering by the public at a Town Park or Town Beach
· 2022-11 An Ordinance Amendment to Chapter 33 Personnel Policies Article V Attendance and Leave
· 2022-12 Renewal of Declaration of Emergency
· Flag Policy
· Fee Forgiveness Police Detail Policy for Community Events
· Green memo format for bid memos to obtain a more environmentally friendly option (referral to Town Manager, Town Solicitor and Resilience and Energy) (J. Brier)
The Town of Barrington will provide accommodations needed to ensure equal participation in all meetings. Please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting so arrangements can be made to provide such assistance. A request for accommodations can be made in writing to 283 County Road or by calling 401-247-1900, Ext. 301. Hearing impaired callers can dial 711 “Relay” for additional assistance. The Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library and Barrington Public Safety Building are accessible to the disabled. Posted on June 2, 2022 at Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library, Barrington Web Site and Secretary of State Web Site.