TOWN OF BARRINGTON, RI
Barrington Town Hall
283 County Road, Barrington, RI
TOWN COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, October 2, 2023 at 7:00pm
To see attachments: https://clerkshq.com/barrington-ri
“Aquene (Peace) We recognize the unique and enduring relationship that exists between Indigenous Peoples and their traditional territories. We acknowledge that we are in the ancestral homeland of the Pokanoket Tribe within the original territory of the Pokanoket Nation. We commit to ongoing efforts to recognize, honor, reconcile and partner with the Pokanoket people whose ancestral lands and water we benefit from today. Aquene (Peace)”
· TAP-IN is now open Thursdays from 4:00pm – 7:00pm
· Wednesday, October 4th –Barrington Garden Club’s Fall Tree Planting Event acknowledging Arbor Day. At Police Cove Park, 10:00 a.m. Open to the public.
· Thursday, October 5th – Tree Canopy Open House, Library Auditorium, 6 - 7:30 p.m. Free and open to all.
· Saturday, October 7th: Great Pumpkin Harvest Party 1:00pm – 3:30pm Town Hall front lawn.
· Monday, October 9th – Indigenous Peoples Day Holiday
· Monday, October 9th - Barrington Day of Caring, a community-wide event for volunteers helping residents in need through service projects. Volunteers should plan to meet in front of Town Hall between 11 to 11:45 a.m. Groups will leave from there to go to sites at Noon.
· Saturday, October 14th: Solar Eclipse viewing Noon – 2:30pm Town Hall front lawn.
· Tuesday, October 17th – Barrington Public Schools Community Flu Clinic, Sowams School, 4 - 8 p.m.
· Saturday, October 21st: Community Shred at the Department of Public Works 9:00 – 11:30am
· Saturday, October 28th – Drug Take Back Day, Public Safety Building on Federal Rd. 10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
· Sunday, October 29th – Child Seat Check Up Event, Public Safety Building, 10 - 2:00 p.m.
· Tree Planting & Removal: September 1, 2022- August 31, 2023– 99 trees removed/ 98 trees planted.
DISCUSS AND ACT ON THE CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are routine by the Town Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a council member or citizen so request, and the request is for good cause in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and will be considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
Business and Finance Director, Fire Chief, Human Resources, Library Director, Police Chief/Animal Control Official, Public Works Director, Planner/Building and Resiliency, Recreation and Senior Services Director, Tax Assessor and Town Clerk
· Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee: (1 vacancy: 1 alternate with term expiration date of March 31, 2026)
· Conservation Committee (1 vacancy: 1 full member with term expiration date of December 31, 2024)
· Interview: Jill Lancaster
· Interview: John Mueller
v 2023-9 An Amendment to an Ordinance Chapter 63 Alcoholic Beverages; 63-12 License Renewals
v 2023-10 An Amendment to an Ordinance Chapter 179-9 No Parking (Prospect and Lincoln)
· PUBLIC HEARING: (none)
· Athletic Fields Analysis - Preliminary Findings and Recommendations
To the public: This agenda item is for members of the public to speak regarding a topic that is not already on the agenda. Please indicate that you would like to speak by raising your hand. When you are recognized, please state your name and residency for the record.
· Liquor, Victualling License Renewals
· Resilience and Energy Policy Proposal for All-electric Town Buildings and Schools
· Introduction: Zoning Ordinance
· Banner Program
· Community Engagement
The Town of Barrington will provide accommodation needed to ensure equal participation in all meetings. Please contact the Town Clerk’s office (401-247-1900, x1) 48 hours prior to the meeting so arrangements can be made to provide such assistance. Hearing impaired callers can dial RI Relay 1-800-745-5555 (TTY) for additional assistance. The Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library, Barrington Middle School, and Barrington Public Safety Building are accessible to the disabled. Posted on September 28, 2023, at Barrington Town Hall, Barrington Public Library, Town of Barrington Web Site and Secretary of State Web Site.